Moylan’s Distilling in Petaluma, California repeated as U.S. Open Whiskey’s Grand National Champion after winning 4 gold medals, a silver, and a bronze medal. Their Moylan’s Bourbon with Sherry Finish was a favorite among the judges. Previously, no distillery or brewery has defended its title at a U.S. Open Championship in the 14 years history of the U.S. Open Championships.
Silver Fox Distillery in Arthur, Ontario was named the 2022 U.S. Open Spirits’ Grand National Champion by winning an amazing six medals in the Spirits categories including 3 Gold Medals. They became the first Canadians to bring home a Grand National Champions plaque.
Judging in the U.S. Open Whiskey and Spirits Championships is blind; the judges know only the categories, but they do not know what they are tasting. Canadian entries were judged by distillers and instructors from Niagara College in Welland, Ontario. The American entries were judged by distillers and whiskey and spirits experts in Oxford, Ohio at the U.S. Open Event Center.
Here are the top 5 Whiskey and Spirits Distilleries:
Top 5 Whiskey Distilleries
1. Moylan’s Distilling – California
2. Cincinnati Distilling – Ohio
3. Acre Distilling – Texas
4. Dayton Barrel Works – Ohio
5. Nearest Green Distillery – Tennessee
Top 5 Spirits Distilleries
1. Silver Fox Distillery – Ontario
2. Northern Row Brewery – Ohio
3. Thornapple Artisan Spirits – Michigan
3. Hall Brothers Distillery – Ohio
3. Endeavor Brewing and Spirits – Ohio
For the complete list of medal winners – CLICK HERE